Part of the coaching program had me reach out to a few close people and have them do an assessment on me in several key areas:
- My Talents
- My Passions
- My Values
- My Preferred Lifestyle
- My Preferred Work Environment / Eco System
I also did this as a self assessment and comparing the results were quite interesting. In general, the feedback I received was in line with my own thoughts. This told me that I come across to people the way that I want to, as a genuine person, flaws and all. This is extremely important to me as like many others, I’ve dealt with unethical or self serving people and I loathe the idea of being thought of as one. I consider myself fairly good at self assessment and I am always striving to improve. I guess that I bring in my closest family and friends into this process as well if they know me as good as they do!
What did it tell me?
- I value honest, ethical, authentic people.
- I want to work with a skilled, diverse team that is all pulling in the same direction.
- I’m a critical thinker and creative problem solver.
- I don’t need a lavish lifestyle to be happy.
- I like tinkering and learning about technologies.
Thanks to my wife Lisa, my oldest friend Brent, and my closest co-worker Michael for helping me! It’s a long journey and I need my circle to reach the end successfully.